As we said in our last post, we’ve made some radical changes to our conference over the past two years:
- Last year we moved our conference from a more traditional location to one of our Member Schools. Not only does this help us retain prominent speakers and leaders in the education realm, but it also keeps us on our home turf, and in places in which we likely feel comfortable.
- This year, we’ve moved the conference to take place during a longer weekend, so that we can accommodate time with you and other educators across the state, and still allow you to have time with your families and to decompress before heading back to work.
Therefore, we’d like to show you what this year’s schedule looks like:
Friday, February 12 2016
- 4:00-7:00pm Registration/ Id pictures and vendors
- 5:00-6:00pm Administrators Round Table
- 6:00-7:00pm Ice Cream Social-student music
- 7:00-8:30pm Keynote
- 8:30-9:30pm Staff Dodgeball/Ping Pong Tournament
Saturday, February 13, 2016
- 7:00-8:30am Registration
- 8:00am Breakfast, Region Awards, and Regions 5&6 Spotlight Videos
- 9:30-10:30am Breakout session 1 (8 sessions)
- 10:30-11:00am Vendor Break
- 11:00am – 12:00om Hot Topic (4 different speakers)
- 12:00 -1:00pm Lunch/Vendors
- 1:00-1:45pm Region Meetings (board elections if needed)
- 1:45-2:45pm Breakout session 2 (8 sessions)
- 2:45-3:00pm Break and Art Voting
- 3:00-4:00pm Hot Topic (4 sessions)
- 4:00-4:15pm Snack
- 4:15-6:00pm Keynote and State Awards
- 6:00pm Clean Up
Oh, one more thing…first-come, first-served:
The Hampton Inn in Nampa has graciously set aside 15 rooms at the low rate of $99 per night.
This rate is only open to IMLA Members. If you or your team would like to book a room (or rooms) at that rate, please do so before Jan 28, 2016.
Please Call them at: 208-442-0036